Email Phishing Scam Identified - Subject line: "VRBO Complaint Case #9354887295" or "Booking Complaint Case #9354887405"
This is a phishing scam, targeting your HomeAway.com, VRBO.com, VacationRentals.com account username, password, and two-factor authentication code.
Please follow these steps to secure your identity:
- Delete the message and do not communicate with the sender. Do not open the attachment or click on any links or buttons contained in the attachment or email message.
- Call to speak with a member of our Customer Experience team if you have clicked on a button and entered your username, password, and security questions .
We appreciate your patience and cooperation
- Never provide personal information (e.g., passwords, Social Security number, etc.) to anyone through email communication. You are most secure when you start at the homepage of HomeAway.com, VRBO.com, VacationRentals.com or your email service provider.
- If you receive a suspicious email message, do not click on any links/buttons or reply. A suspicious email would be one that doesn't include normal brand heading, has typos and errors, or asks for personal information via email.
- Review the link, always make sure it says www.homeaway.com or www.vrbo.com then click Owner Login