Import a calendar to sync with your reservation calendar
CompatibilityWe support iCal, a file format you can use to import and sync calendars across multiple platforms like Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and other booking site calendars.
You can also sync event-specific calendars from iCalShare. Find the sports or holiday calendar you would like to add. Right-click on Subscribe to Calendar and copy the link address.
Import a calendar
Each property has its own reservation calendar. Select the property you want to import a calendar for. You can import up to five calendars to each property.
Note: Only partners using the Vrbo platform directly can import iCal or Google calendars. Those connecting via a third-party software can't use this feature.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the appropriate listing.
- Select Calendar.
- Select Import & export.
- Select Import a calendar to open the edit panel.
- Retrieve the calendar address for the calendar you wish to import.
- Paste the calendar address in the URL field in the edit panel.
- Change webcal:// to http:// in the imported calendar’s URL in the edit panel.
- Select your preference for calendar block availability.
- Name the calendar.
- Select a color.
- Select Import.
Find your calendar address
Each booking site has its own process for retrieving the iCal link you need to import a calendar. This information is available online.
When exporting a calendar from a third-party site, be sure to use the iCal link and not the site URL. The site URL will not work to import the calendar. The correct link will include “icalendar” in the URL.
- Select Calendar.
- Select the listing you want to export.
- Find your pricing and availability settings in the side panel.
- Select Availability.
- Select Calendar Sync.
- Select Export calendar.
- Copy the iCal URL that appears in the pop-up window.
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Select Rates & Availability then Calendar.
- Depending on your view, you may see Calendar & Pricing instead.
- Select Sync calendars.
- Copy the calendar link by selecting Copy link
Non-blocking eventsWhen you import a calendar with non-blocking events, you’ll get a message saying "Calendars imported from this site will not block availability.” Non-blocking events are not shown to travelers and those dates can be booked.
If you want to block off dates on non-blocking calendars (important for bookings made on other calendars) you’ll need to manually create reservations or block dates to make sure travelers cannot book those dates.