About house rules
House rules allow you to display what is and what isn’t allowed at your property prior to a guest inquiring or booking. Communicating these rules upfront helps you avoid awkward conversations or unexpected surprises during the guest’s stay.
There are six predefined house rules:
- Maximum overnight guests
- Minimum age requirement of primary renter
- Events allowed
- Pets allowed
- Children allowed
- Smoking allowed
Note: You can also add up to three custom house rules.
Configuring your house rules
To add or edit your house rules:
- Log in to your Vrbo account.
- If you have more than one listing, select the one you want to edit.
- Select Property from the navigation menu.
- Select Rules & policies.
- Select the House rules tab.
- Add/edit your house rules using the predefined options, or add/edit up to three custom house rules.
- Select Save.
Add details to your rules
Some house rules let you add specific details about your requirements. For example:
- You can add information like the pet type and size permitted at your property.
- You can add more details for guests with a custom note (up to 50 characters) in each rule.
- You can add information about local regulations. For example, if you need to request an ID from your guests before check-in.