Cancel a reservation and receive a refund
Cancel a reservationFor Desktop and Mobile Devices
- Sign in to your Vrbo account.
- Select your account name and choose My Trips.
- Select the reservation you wish to cancel.
- In the Trip Details section, review the property's cancellation policy.
- Choose Change or Cancel.
- Select Cancel Booking. Once done, a Virtual Assistant window will appear to walk you through canceling the reservation.
- The request will then be submitted to the host to process. Follow-up with them if you don’t hear back within 24 hours.
Your refund is issued based on the property's cancellation policy. If you cancel your reservation and are within the window to receive a 100% refund, the service fee will be refunded to you automatically when the cancellation is confirmed. Refunds take up to 5 days to appear in your account.
If a booking was charged in a different currency, the payment and refund totals might vary based on currency exchange rates and bank-issued exchange fees. Your refund will be sent to the original form of payment. If that account is closed, please contact your financial institution.
If you used OneKeyCash to pay for your entire booking, and you’ve been charged a service fee, that’ll come out of your OneKeyCash balance.
If you purchased damage protection or travel insurance for your canceled trip, please contact Generali Travel Protection directly regarding a refund of either plan. Contact information for CSA/Generali is in the email you received from them after purchasing one of their plans.
Travel protection products
If you are canceling for reasons related to COVID-19, please see the related article for the most up-to-date information.