Cancel a guest's reservation
Guests can self-service cancel reservations that are eligible for a 100% refund. For reservations that are not eligible for a full refund, you may need to cancel the reservation for them.
When a guest submits a cancellation request, the booking status will show as Cancellation Requested in your Inbox. When a guest contacts you to cancel their booking, direct them to their account to submit the request.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the property if you have multiple properties.
- Select Inbox.
- Select Filters to filter your conversations.
- You can also enter the guest's name or reservation ID (Res ID) into the search bar.
- Select the guest's name.
- Select Cancel booking.
- Select the cancellation reason.
- Guest needs to cancel
- Dates booked on another platform
- Conflict with house rules
- Natural disaster or property damage
- Payment not received
- Property sold or new ownership
- Review the refund amount and select Continue.
- Full refunds are required for all partner-initiated cancellations except instances of natural disaster, house rule violations, and overdue payments.
- Select Confirm to process the refund.
Keep in mind that partner-initiated cancellations that don’t qualify for a cancellation waiver can affect your ranking metrics and will incur a partner fee.
If cancellations are due to property sold or ownership change, see About transferring a listing to a new owner to prevent negative guest impacts.